Monday, June 1, 2009

The 3-day walk

I am sure you have seen a few commercials for the 3-day walk by now. I certainly have received several phone calls, emails, etc reminding me to sign up. I just don't know. I remember the amount of time it took to train and that was time spent away from my family. On the other hand, every time Dawson sees a pink ribbon, he talks about me walking. When I see the commercials, I get emotional just recalling the experience. But, it does take lots of time and effort to raise the money. I know Dave would not be walking this year. Because of his school schedule, he wouldn't be able to commit to the training. I don't even know if I can do the training!!

Today, I got an email about signing up and it had a video attached where the group was singing, "The Greatest American Hero" after the first day of walking. That was in San Diego, but we did it too. It brought back all of the memories of the walk (good - like finishing it! and bad - like the sleeping arrangements.) Not sure what I am waiting for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow... that is coming up again already! I'll be praying for your decision... but also, as your physical therapist, I give you permission to NOT walk... not because I don't think you can or should do it... but because you can still exercise and "train" and participate in other ways, freeing you to be "mom" and "wife" and still take care of yourself, etc. Certainly, if you decide to do it, I'll cheer you all the way, but it is certainly "okay" to participate differently once in awhile. :) Look forward to hearing what you decide!
Jill
P.S. Can it be done as a relay team? Might save toe nails that way... :)