Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pirate Barb

Now I know how a pirate feels - I woke up with my eye swollen shut this morning. The last couple of days, it was swollen but today was the worst. Usually as the day goes on, the swelling reduces and I can open it some but not yet today.

The nurse last night told me how cute I was and I had to laugh. She said she could see it on my good side and I told her I feel like a monster. A friend joked about getting me a Phantom of the Opera mask. It really does look bad and Dave hasn't even seen the worst of it yet. He has never had chicken pox so I told him to stay home while I'm here.

A discharge tonight is possible but I would be okay with another day. It isn't fun here but I am glad this is being treated in the hospital. I am on the oncology floor so I am not allowed out of my room since I could spread this loveliness to other cancer patients. I understand, but pacing the room isn't quite the same as walking the halls.

3 comments:

laura said...

You must be stir crazy, and Dave never had chicken pox how strange. I guess it is true that your siblings are usually the ones that bring it home to the littlest kid. Hang in there, glad to hear it is something infectious rather than related completely to the cancer.

Kristin said...

What a bummer that you can't walk the halls. I am thankful that you obviously have a laptop with you so maybe you can surf the web and so you can keep us posted! Hope you are able to relax a teeny bit and just focus on you getting better.

Robyn said...

So sorry you have had to go through all this. I'm sure you have been in a lot of pain, and to not have Dave visit you, or be able to leave your room, must be so hard!!! Love you lots!