Monday, February 18, 2008

Another update

Okay, here is what happened today. Barbara has a skin infection that was first noticeable today. That would explain the high fever. Other tests were run to rule out other possible infections. I finally received a call from my radiation oncologist today to start radiation on Wednesday. Well, after speaking with my oncologist, radiation will have to wait until this infection starts clearing up. So, now it looks like that will start next week.

Dawson had his CT scan today and was sedated for that. I arrived at AI Dupont just as he was being wheeled into recovery. I walk into the room to see my baby looking lifeless. Ugh, it was horrible. I started stroking his hair and I saw his face move. Let me tell you - the tears were flowing. He came to okay and his now home resting on the couch. He saw David playing with the neighbor outside and kept saying, "David, please." He can't even walk, let alone keep up with the boys right now!

Whew, what a day. I think we will all sleep well tonight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I had my comment completely typed and my darling son crawled under the desk and turned the computer off, so let me try again! I am glad that they were able to find the cause of your fever and that you are able to be treated. I remember seeing Abigail in recovery after her surgey and it is a sobering sight to see your child so out of it. I am glad
that he made it through the test safely. You have all been through a lot today. I see a glass of wine in your future. :-)

Susan

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! Will continue to pray.
Jill

Robyn said...

Wow! It has been a crazy past few weeks. I continue to keep you guys in my prayers. I was gone for one night and heard from my family about you and Dawson, so I had to run home and check my email to get the full story. So glad they figured out about the infection and hope the antibiotics are working. It was so good to see you yesterday. Sorry I was so out of it- I was so exhausted.

Hugs to you!

Kristin said...

We are continuing to keep you in our thoughts. I hope you hear good news regarding Dawson soon. I was outside with the boys on Monday and thought I saw David, but I wasn't sure because I didn't see you. You are such a strong person! Keep us posted.