Friday, January 2, 2009

It's over (for now)!!

I recall the day I went in for my last chemo in October of 2007. I felt like the Rocky theme song was playing in the background and I was ready to fight and win. Today, when I walked in for my last chemo, I didn't hear that music playing in my head. Instead, I feel like I have fought 17 rounds and am tired and just want it to be done. I came home to balloons and dinner from a friend and Robin took the boys to pick out balloons. I was told that Dawson really wanted the black, over the hill Happy Birthday balloon and David wanted me to have the Batman one, but they settled for "Congrats" and "I Love You." They were so excited to give them to me - it made my day!

In about 2 weeks, we will know if I am really done for now. I have a CT scan scheduled for next week to see the progress that has been made. When the scan comes back clear, then I feel like I can really celebrate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for good results. For now, rest and relax! The Lamancusas

Anonymous said...

Hooray for being finished!! We'll keep praying! xo

Kristin said...

That's awesome, Barb! Crossing my fingers! :)

Anonymous said...

HOpe you have good results. Will be keeping you in my prayers.