Friday, March 20, 2009

Radiation update

We got some great news today - no signs of cancer elsewhere in my body! The Herceptin seems to be doing the trick. So, I started brain radiation today. Little scary - I sit under a mask looking much like Jason and get my head cooked. The treatment isn't long, just a little uncomfortable. Hair loss will take place in a couple weeks and apparently take a lot longer to come back than with chemo. I am scheduled for 15 treatments (5x/week for 3 weeks). It will take a few weeks following the radiation to see if the cancer is gone. Hard to believe that this time last Friday, we thought I just had a bad headache.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Barb... no other sign of cancer is such WONDERFUL news! And glad that you were able to get started with the radiation today. You'll do well. (and you look good in hats... so may it be a cancer-free, hat-filled Spring and Summer... :) Let us know if we can do anything...
Jill

Christie N. said...

Praise the Lord the cancer is not anywhere else!!!!! I pray these treatments will go by quickly for you. You have our love and prayers (and other help you might need)!

Anonymous said...

Barbara, in spite of what you are facing over the next few weeks, I know you are relieved to learn the good results from your scans. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful the cancer is not anywhere else and that you were able to start radiation so soon :)
Kendra Wiley

Robyn said...

Barb so glad to hear that there are no signs of cancer elsewhere. Still so sorry that you have to go through these radiation treatments. I wish I could be there to help out in any way. Know that you are missed, and lifted up on a continual basis. Hugs from the other side of the world...

Anonymous said...

Barbara I am glad to hear good news! I have been praying for you as has my family. We love you guys so much and I know He will take care of this like he has everything else.
Love
Paula and Dewayne

Kristin said...

So glad to know that there are no other signs of cancer anywhere else. You are an amazingly strong woman, and I know that will not be the last time I say that. And anyway, we all know how super cute you are in those wigs. :) You are still in my prayers...