Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mothers' Day & MRIs

When David came home from school on Friday, I usually look in his backpack and was told I couldn't because there was a surprise for me in there. When he got home, he immediately went to his room to hide something. As soon as he woke up on Mothers' Day, he brought me the present he made for me at school. It was a book where he wrote things that he loved about me and a picture frame he painted. My favorite was, "My mom is smart because she can do math problems that I don't know." Dawson also presented me with a picture of a bunny where the ears were his footprints.

We had a great dinner with both of our parents. My parents are now on their way back to Arkansas. I have been doing okay on my own. I even started exercising again. I have been sleeping better at night, too.

I had my MRI of the brain yesterday and have an appointment with the radiation oncologist on Thursday. I don't expect to hear anything before then.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be the age because Abigail hid her gift too, but couldn't wait until Sunday and gave it to me Saturday night. I was glad because she would have gotten up at 5:00am to give it to me! I am glad that you had a great Mother's Day and were able to be with your own mother as well. Praying for good news! I am glad that your energy is returning. Those steroids are the pits!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Barbara -

I was so glad you had a good Mother's Day - with both sets of parents! The boys' gifts were sweet, as was the fact that they were so eager to give them to you.

I'm praying that the MRI results will be good. Good that you are exercising again and sleeping well.

Here's my love -

Pat Reed

Anonymous said...

Praying that your appointment goes well today. Glad to hear that you had a nice mother's day! Bridget

Robyn said...

So glad you had a great mother's day! Glad you were able to celebrate with both families. Love to you all!