Friday, May 15, 2009

Things are moving in the right direction

I saw my radiation oncologist yesterday and was able to see the progress of the brain radiation. All of the tumors responded to the radiation and are now half the size they were. Even my untrained eyes could see the difference in comparison to the MRI done in March. The plan is to do another MRI in another month and see if there is any residual left. If there is, I will be referred to the neurological radiation oncologist about targeted radiation. The doctor seemed pleased with the progress.

I am still not feeling great. By the end of the day (even with a nap), I am pretty wiped. The doctor said it is normal considering the radiation and the steroids. But, each day is a little better than yesterday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful news, Barbara!!! So glad that you can see such a dramatic effect on the scan. Will pray that the effects of the radiation continue to work where they need to work and that the rest of you is able to recover and regain more and more of your energy.
Jill
P.S. I am the proud recipient of one of those footprinted eared bunnies too! :) I think the teachers had to creatively position my daughter's bunny so that her long feet didn't smudge off the paper at the top... :)

dorel said...

Barb, This is great news!! I'm so thankful the treatments are doing their job!! We'll keep praying and also that you get your strength back too. xo

Anonymous said...

Great news!
Just wanted to let you know that you are an inspiration with your pure courage. I am participating in Relay For Life (my 2nd year) in June and am walking in honor of you and a dear friend of mine(also in her 30's w/a 4yo) who had breast cancer 2 1/2 years ago that has now spread to her lungs(very similar stories for the cancer part). Keep up the inspiring blogs, I don't know how you do it somedays! :)
Kendra Wiley

Kristin said...

Awesome news, Barb! I continue to keep you in my prayers.

Robyn said...

So glad that the tumors have shrunk. That is great news. Will continue to pray as you recover and that you will get plenty of rest. Love you!

laura said...

It sounds as if you had a blessed Mother's day, I just love the things kids come up with to say about their mom's. Continued progress, it really does sound as if you are turning a corner my prayers are for more rest and that your energy level will continue to catch up to what you would like to accomplish in a day with two active boys.