Thursday, September 3, 2009

He is faithful

I got the results of my brain MRI today. Originally, there were 4 tumors and this scan showed that 1 was gone, another was very small (so small they didn't measure it), another was smaller than the previous scan, and the final one was stable. I would have loved to here that they were gone but at least they are moving in the right direction. According to my oncologist, we keep watching them. I plan on speaking with another doctor in my team to see if he concurs or wants to seek a more aggressive approach.

When I have these appointments where I am expecting test results, I usually start worrying about a week before. My mood changes because I have this visit in the back of my mind. But, by the time I was in the exam room today, I was okay. I have learned by now that no matter what the news is, He is faithful to get our family through it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!! I am glad that you are at peace. Enjoy a wonderful holiday weekend with your family. The weather is supposed to be awesome.

Susan

Faye Russell said...

Amen to that, Barbara! He is such a faithful God.

Robyn said...

So glad to hear that most of the tumors have shrunk in size. Still praying for you on a regular basis. Love to you all!

laura said...

Glad to hear that you are going in the right direction fighting those nasty tumors. Definitly speak with another doctor, don't let them come back as crapy as treatment is, aggressive therapy is sometimes the best method.

Anonymous said...

That's an encouraging report! We continue to pray for you and your family, and appreciate your candor and updates.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

And on this "Labor Day" - you have labored enough and a respite is in order! We are thrilled for your good news - prayers abound!
Sending lots of love and continued healing!
Mary Lou