Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Gimme the keys!!

To make a long story short, my CT scan from last week showed fluid around my heart so my oncologist wanted me to see a cardiologist, who happens to be his brother. I went to Dr. Grubbs II today for a 2D Echo (ultrasound) and he said that the amount of fluid was not constricting the pumping of my heart. So, I will be monitored and if this becomes worse, it is treatable.

The passing out episode is now blamed on hypotension, which is basically low blood pressure. My BP has always been on the lower end but the chemo has my body reacting slower so I have to increase fluids and salt and slow down when I get up. I think I can handle that.

It was so nice to receive good news without a side of bad news attached. Thank you so much for your prayers and watch out because I am back on the road!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear good news! Enjoy your freedom to drive again! Bridget

Anonymous said...

So glad that your back on the road again! I'm sure it feels good! -G

Unknown said...

Good for you!!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

That's great!! So glad you are able to drive again!
Jen

Christie N. said...

Yay!!! Vroom, vroom, vroom!

Robyn said...

So glad you are able to drive again!!