Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pink ribbon overload

Pink ribbons everywhere! October is breast cancer awareness month and it is hard to walk up and down the grocery aisles without seeing them. Unfortunately, I don't get to just think about it in October. My energy level is really starting to be affected by the chemo. I have learned that I have to rest every afternoon or I am not a nice mom. I don't need to sleep but do need to chill for a little while. That is the time when Dawson gets to watch TV and sometimes will ask me when I will rest because he wants his TV time.

We have signed up for the Making Strides walk in Wilmington this weekend. It is also the weekend of the 3-day walk in Philly and it looks like it will be cold and rainy. I will miss the experience of the 3-day but not the freezing tent. I'm not sure I will be able to walk in Wilmington because of my chemo on Thursday, but I can be a cheerleader!

The News Journal had a good article today about my particular kind of cancer. It does a good job of explaining how my cancer progresses.

No comments: