Sunday, October 18, 2009

Making Strides and taking temperatures

Thursday was a third week of chemo with the lovely Neulasta shot on Friday. Yesterday, Dawson came down with a fever and fortunately Pop and Gam took care of him while I tried to recover. This morning, I represented our family for "Team Barbara" at a very wet and cold Wilmington Making Strides walk. Needless to say, Dawson and I needed naps this afternoon. I hope he feels rested now - he only slept 4 hours!! I heard David coughing a lot this afternoon and now he has a fever too. Looks like tomorrow is pajama day in the Anderson household.










I was impresssed by the amount of people who came out for the walk on such a miserable day. I want to thank my team and also the husbands and grandparents who watched the little guys so we could do this today. We ended the walk with Pumpkin Lattes at Dunkin Donuts - very tasty!










3 comments:

Robyn said...

Great photos! So glad you had a good team with you again this year. Sorry about the weather! Yuck! Looks like you had a good time, though.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about you guys this morning. Glad to hear it was a good time, despite the weather! Take care of yourself! I could use a pajama day around here, too! Bridget

laura said...

Sorry the weather was so dismal for the walk. Love the pictures, have to say I could really use a pumpkin latte from Dunkin Donuts, for that matter anyhting Dunkin...maybe I still should consider the whole franchise idea. Anyway I was thinking of all of you and what a tremendous cause you all are trying to eradicate.