Saturday, June 5, 2010

Moving on with life

It was anti-climactic to finish chemo on Thursday. It actually involved me getting a test done on my port because we thought it might be leaking internally, but it wasn't. I haven't felt too bad this weekend and I am hoping it only gets better. The boys are finishing spring sports and we are getting involved with the swim team now. We are praying for a summer without cancer.

I came across this organization in the newspaper - Making Memories Breast Cancer Foundation (www.makingmemories.org). They grant wishes to Stage IV breast cancer patients. Our family had fun sharing our wishes this morning at the breakfast table. Everyone said the obvious wish first - for my cancer to go away, but I wanted to know their fun answers. David's wishes were some Star Wars toys that I can't pronounce or spell. Dawson wished for all of the Lego Star Wars toys in the world. Dave wanted to travel to the Mediterranean. Everything that popped in my mind seemed so trivial because the thing I want most can't be wrapped or guaranteed - time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you across the street and knowing we are behind you every step of the way! Please let us know how we can assist this summer. While our children are on the swim team, if you need an afternoon break, they can come to Highpoint with us!
Please reach out... we are moments away! Love to all, Mary Lou, David, Madi and Danny xoxoxox

P.S. And remember, Madi is a Mother's Helper to the MacDonald's and she can be yours as well!

ครูหวัด movieplus said...

Your blog is very good blog.
Please join me if you free at
http://thaimovie-newrelease.blogspot.com/
http://www.flixya.com/user/ratana214
(A blog about Thai Movie)
Have a good time.