Sunday, October 14, 2007

Even shopping is different!

I went shopping with a friend a few days ago to get out of the house. (Meaning - I shuffled around Old Navy, stopped frequently, and Dave took care of the boys). I saw all kinds of cute Fall clothes. I was reminded that in about 1 month, I will not be able to pull shirts over my head, and will not be the same body anymore. I also had to consider what radiation will do to my skin and what I will look like with prosthetics. So, certain cuts of tops were out of the question. Just another reminder of this battle!

1 comment:

Dorel said...

Barb,

I'd like to tell you about my experience with radiation therapy when you want to hear. I think you'll find it much easier to deal with than chemo! The only lasting effect I've had is a soreness in my bones around that area. It's not all the time and just a little reminder of what the Lord brought me through. I looked like I had a tan for quite a while, but my skin all matches again now. Let me know when/if you want to discuss this. We are praying!!!!!! xo