Thursday, October 11, 2007

Just needed a pick-me-up

I continue to feel overwhelmed by all of the appointments coming up. I also spoke with Dawson's case manager from ChildWatch today to have a developmental evaluation done for Dawson. And, daytime television is flooded with emotional moments. Anyway, my mailman came much later today than usual and delivered some much needed pick-me-ups. My mail included some cards from friends with encouraging words and there was also a package from my oncologist's office. I'm thinking, "Great, more paperwork to fill out." It was an outstanding achievement certificate stating that I had completed my chemo treatments with flying colors and was signed by all of the chemo nurses. I have received diplomas and certificates before, but this one I had to work the hardest to receive. It brought tears of joy (but my boys still don't understand that concept).

No comments: