Saturday, May 24, 2008

I did it!

Most of you know that I am registered for the the 3 day walk in Philly in October. It is 60 miles in 3 days. I began training before radiation and my final surgery, knowing that it would have to slow down while I went through the treatment and surgery. There is a training schedule that is emailed to me each week and I am trying to stick to it so I can walk the whole distance. This week I had to get up to 5 miles and I did it today! Dawson wasn't taking a nap today so I thought pushing him the stroller while I walked would do the trick. Mission accomplished! I pushed him for 4 out of the 5 miles and he slept almost the entire time! I left him home with Dave for the final mile.

I was able to walk 4 miles on Thursday and found out the importance of the right socks. I had purchased some good socks when I bought my New Balance sneakers back during the winter. I didn't wear them on Thursday and my feet were more irritated than today. I am just hoping the dryer doesn't eat the good socks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! Congratulations! So glad to hear that you did it! And what a gorgeous weekend. Enjoy!
Jill