Monday, May 5, 2008

Surgery update

I am now resting on my couch, watching all of the late afternoon shows my boys aren't into. The surgery went well, I got a nice nap, and am feeling okay. I'm a little sore and a lot tired, but, when put in perspective of all of the torture, I mean treatment, I have endured, this isn't too bad. The IV needed to be put in my ankle due to the risk of lymphedema. That has been the most painful part of this surgery. Dave will work from home tomorrow and be available for me. I can resume normal activities, as tolerated. There is one restriction, and we have found it humorous - no bouncing!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that everything went well. Guess you'll have to postpone that trip to the moon bounce! Make sure that you rest!
Jen

Anonymous said...

I am glad everything went smoothly. The ankle IV sounds painful - not a lot of meat there! Just refrain from jumping for joy that you have overcome your last hurdle!! You will have time to tune into The Young and The Restless again!

Love,
Susan

Christie N. said...

T-I-double grr-r. The wonderful things about Barbara's are Barbara's are wonderful things. Remember, healing is what Barbara's do best, and bouncing is what Tiggers do best ;). Praying for you as you continue to recover. And happy anniversary today!

Anonymous said...

Barbara and Dave - Is it your anniversary today? Also my son and daughter-in-law's 25th (!) anniversary. Hope you two had a good celebration last week.

So glad it's all over now - the bouncing can come later.

Pat Reed

Kristin said...

I'm bouncing for joy that you are doing well. Oops...didn't mean to rub that in. I was planning to give you a trampoline as a gift, but I guess I'll have to return it. Seriously, that is a funny doctor's order! Enjoy those shows; you deserve some restful indulgences!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking and praying for you. I am so glad that all went well.

Take care,
Griselda

Robyn said...

Yea! The last hurdle is complete. I was thinking of you this week. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary with Dave. I miss you. We'll have to catch up soon. Glad to hear that you are getting some rest.

Love and hugs!