Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Next step

I am preparing for my final cosmetic surgery next week. This surgery should be a piece of cake. Dave and I are also celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary next week. Since I don't think I will feel much like celebrating next week, this weekend will be our anniversary. I am looking forward to some time away. Last year, we went to Ocean City, MD for our anniversary. When we returned home, I found the tumor and the rest of May was spent trying to figure out what was going on with my body. I can't believe it has been a year already! Some parts of this past year don't even feel real - I think my mind has tried to erase the memory of chemo permanently!

Other good news is that Dawson was discharged from speech therapy today. He was tested and scored within the normal limits for his age. I feel like we can breathe a sigh of relief in so many areas of our lives. David is doing well in school and loving it. Dave is returning to his classes this month. Life is moving on! I look forward to a summer with the boys where our biggest worry is, "What time do we go to the pool today?"

3 comments:

Dee said...

So many things to praise God for! What a blessing to be able to look back and see God's grace at work. Thanks again for letting us share with you in this!

Let me know if you need anything next week.

Kristin said...

Great news and happy anniversary! Have a great weekend. :)

Robyn said...

Barb,

I was so happy to read about all the good news you guys have received recently with both Dawson and yourself. Thank you for helping us in our time of need last week. We will continue to pray for this final stage of the journey and I hope you guys have a great anniversary! You are loved!