Monday, April 7, 2008

It is finished.

After my final radiation treatment, a round of applause from the radiation therapists and a diploma, I breathed a sigh of relief. It really is done. What is left shouldn't be too difficult - my final cosmetic surgery is scheduled in May and 3 more Herceptins.

Our next hurdle is Dawson's surgery next Monday. I told Dawson they were going to cut off his bump and he didn't like that idea, although a month ago he was trying to cut it off with his play sword. He said he just wants a band-aid.

I just don't know what I will do with all of this free time! It won't take me long to fill it - with things like spending time with my family and resting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barbara - I'm so glad it's all over. You deserved the applause and the diploma! You have shown such strength in the face of many frustrations. God has given you grace to deal with all this. Now I will pray for you and Dave and Dawson as you deal with his surgery next Monday.

With love, Pat Reed

Anonymous said...

We are rejoining with you today as you put another hurdle behind you, and we continue to pray with you and for all of you as you encounter the next few. You are in the home stretch! The Lamancusas

Amber said...

Praise the Lord...CLap clap clap
The Lord is good. We will be praying for Dawson
Love
the Scott's

Kristin said...

Congratulations! Hope the light at the end of the tunnel is now beaming brightly. :)
Our thoughts remain with you and Dawson.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Barbara! I am so glad that the doctors and nurses joined in celebrating with you! Praise the Lord!

I will continue to pray for Dawson with the upcoming surgery!

Rachel