Friday, May 9, 2008

One day at a time - as usual


Around Thursday morning, I woke up feeling much better and ready to conquer the world . . . until about 10 a.m. It was my first morning really alone doing the morning rush and it didn't take much time for it to catch up to me. My energy is returning though. I am back to exercising and daily life stuff. Each day, I feel a little more like myself. The boys can be overwhelming, but don't most moms feel that way sometimes?

I attended a Mother's Day lunch at David's school. Those things always get me, even when it is someone else's child! I always become a weepy mom when I hear the children talk about their moms and how much they love them. If I cry at other people's kids, just imagine what I am like when it is my own up there! I hesitate to even write about this, but the thought comes to mind. How many more Mother's Days will I be here for my boys? It is a reality for me, but it isn't helpful for my mind to drift there. I pray for a thousand more (yeah, I know, but you get my point.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a sweet time yesterday. I am the same way as well. The things that they say tug at my heart. I was actually sad that Abigail's class didn't do that . I was curious at what she would have to say, but with her - who knows! I am glad you are feeling better. You look great!!! Try not to over due it.

Love,
Susan

Kristin said...

What a great picture. I am such a baby when it comes to my children. I usually don't cry at very much, but when it comes to those boys...good grief. I can only imagine what you must be feeling with the year you have had. I hope for a thousand more Mother's Days for you, too!

Anonymous said...

We loved the pictures! Try to not let your mind go to those SCARY places (as the kids would say)! Easier said than done, right? Keep on, keeping on! Jim and Judy Mulhern

Robyn said...

It was a great day, wasn't it? I sat there crying, myself. All the kids were so cute! Happy belated mother's day.