Monday, August 11, 2008

5 going on 15

This is a conversation I overheard today between David and a little girl at the playground. He had been playing with her for a few minutes when I heard this:

David: "What's your name?"

Girl: "Allison"

David: "What's your phone number?"

Me: "David, what are you doing?"

David: "Mom, I like her!"

Me: "David, you need to be a little more subtle."

The problem with trying to pick up 5 year olds on the playground - some of them don't know their phone number yet.

4 comments:

Christie N. said...

That is hillarious!!! But you tell David, if he wants to marry Charis, he needs to get this out of his system now :0).

Kristin said...

I am cracking up!!! :) That is too funny.

Anonymous said...

Steve & I both said simultaneously, " Like father, like son!" Watch out! Cheryl

Robyn said...

I wonder where he gets this from?!!:) Fun story!