Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tomorrow is the big day

Tomorrow, I will begin chemo again. It was an uneventful day with the boys, just playing and getting some things done around the house. It was actually a welcomed change of pace. We went to the beach for a few days earlier in the week and I feel like we have been going most of the summer just to get in all of the fun stuff we wanted to do. It was nice to slow down for the day.

I have been getting a lot of questions about the drug I will receive on this round of chemo. This 2005 article has been very helpful to me. It explains the difference from the drug I did receive last year and the one they will be giving me. I have been told that I may not have any hair loss this time or it will just thin. But, I have my hats and wigs ready. I was also told it shouldn't knock me out the way the last round of chemo did. I will experience some fatigue, but it should be more manageable. We'll see. I don't think the 2 balls of energy I have are usually considered in these talks of "fatigue!"

In the meantime, we are getting ready for David to go to Kindergarten and Dawson to enter preschool. Fortunately, I was able to schedule my chemos and doctor's appointments around their school times. We only have about 3 weeks of appointments where I will need help with the boys until they start school. My week off from chemo is also David's first week of school.

We have begun noticing some wheezing when I need to take deep breaths and some discomfort in my chest, so I am ready to begin this process so I can feel better again. We are also very thankful for the encouraging cards, emails and comments we have received. We appreciate your concern and prayers. I am now off for my walk!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Barb- we continue to pray for you continually. Even if you don't hear from us as often (it's been a crazy past few days) we are thinking of you. Let me know if you'd like to come over for a play date, or if you just want to send the boys.

Love you bunches!
Robyn