Monday, August 17, 2009

Camp Stories

I thought after David had some rest, he might start spilling stories from camp. He told me about a girl, Audrey, that was in his age group and he had a crush on her. He informed her father of this at the ending barbecue and also told him that Audrey has told David that she doesn't like him. He told David that he thinks she is just playing hard to get. David still had to ask him what meant.

The other funny one was when I asked him if he had any problems with anyone at camp and he told me about one of his bunkmates, Jake. He said, "Jake has an aversion to making friends." (Obviously not something David came up with on his own.) He told me that is what Jake says about himself. But, by the end of the week, Jake signed David's shirt, "Best Friends." Some hard life lessons are learned at camp. First grade should be fun!

5 comments:

Christie N. said...

WELCOME HOME, DAVID!!!

Kristin said...

Oh, no! Say it isn't so...a crush already?!? I am SO not ready for that! Glad he had fun at camp! :)

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the stories!!! David is quite the ladie's man. Yes, first grade should be quite interesting. I am feeling a little nervous about that myself.

Susan

dorel said...

I guess David helped Jake overcome his "aversion". How nice!! :-) Glad your family is all together again, and that David had fun in NC!! xo

Robyn said...

Great stories! So glad he had a good time.