Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sesame Place

Dawson and I went to Sesame Place on Monday. It was a beautiful day, not too hot, and I only had to keep track of 1 boy! We arrived around noon and left when the park closed at 8 and had a blast. My physical setbacks became apparent when Dawson climbed to the other side of these ropes and I had to quickly get over there before he did. I honestly didn't think he could do it, but he proved me wrong. I ran over to the other side and up 3 flights of stairs and got there just as he did. But, I couldn't catch my breath. I stood there forever just trying to breathe. So, next time, he climbed back on his own.





The only things he asked me to buy for him all day were a soft pretzel (shaped like Elmo's head, of course) and an ice cream cone.




I start chemo tomorrow. I have had trouble sleeping at night either due to pain or breathing difficulties. I pray that this dose helps relieve some of the problems I have been experiencing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great day! I love those rare 1-on-1 days. Praying for you to have relief and sleep as you start your treatments back up. Bridget

Dorel said...

So glad you and Dawson had fun on Sesame Street!! :-) Praying that your treatments will do their job!! We're praying!! xo

Anonymous said...

Wow - you are super woman! I am glad that you had fun and some alone time with Dawson.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Great pics from Sesame Place! Praying for you especially today.
Jill

Griselda said...

Looks like Dawson had loads of fun!! Your such a great mom!! Hope your treatment went as planned. We are praying and thinking of you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Just thinking of you Barb and trusting this round of treatment is abating your symptoms!

This is a website that may be of interest - I met Dr. Block at an integrative medicine conference recently.

http://www.lifeovercancer.com/Excerpt.pdf

Sending lots of love and prayers, Mary Lou

Robyn said...

Glad you had fun day at Sesame Place with Dawson. Will be praying for your treatments.