Monday, January 4, 2010

How things keep changing

Since my last post, that spunk has shrunk. I am actually updating from my hospital bed care of Christiana Hospital. Over the weekend, we noticed a significant decrease in my ability to breathe, even with the oxygen. I was at the surgeon's office this morning at 10 and was admitted by 11:30. The fluid has returned and how invasive the procedure will depend on what the scans show once I am sedated.

I am so tired because I can't sleep well at night, can't breathe well and just the worry of everything. I wished I had squeezed my boys tighter this morning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Barb, so sorry to hear that your week has started this way. Praying for a quick recovery, little invasiveness, and a brief stay. Please have Dave give us a call if you guys need anything. I know you weren't feeling well Saturday night, but I am so glad we could spend the time together. Bridget

Jim Wilson said...

I'm really sorry Barb ... I had hoped that you'd get more of a break.
As always, please let Bonnie or me know if there's anything we can do.
Love, Jim

Robyn said...

So sorry, Barb! Praying for your lungs, and that you will get some sleep while in the hospital. That you will have as little invasive of a procedure as possible, and that a better solution will come.
Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Barbara, hoping your next post tells us that you are home and resting better. Chicken soup and apple pie will be coming your way again whenever you are ready. Praying for you, Michelle

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that you have to be in the hospital again,. praying recovery is quick, with little invasion and your breathing will improve immediately. You are on the list for pray at Middletown Baptist and everyday in prayer at my house. With love Ruby