Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What a week! I have now been home from the hospital for 2 weeks and each day am getting a tiny bit more spunk. I took the boys and my mom and mother-in-law to Lancaster yesterday to see a Sight and Sound show. It was remarkable and then we smorgasborded it afterwards.

This cold weather outside makes it very difficult for me to breathe when I go outside. I am figuring out some "tricks" to make me more comfortable. I do have oxygen at home and portable canisters for when we go out. Depending on the amount of walking, I don't always need them. David said, "I have seen grandmas with those tubes."

The swelling has returned to my face which may suggest more fluid issues. I see my oncologist next week and will see what the pictures show.

Two dear friends have reported that their cancer has returned this past week. Someone said that hearing you have cancer has to be one of the worst things you could be told. I said the second time was worse than the first because I knew what I was in for. My prayer for these friends has been sweet rest at night. The nighttime is the worst for me and I prayed that they and their families would be able to rest snuggly in their beds at night, even though they are facing these trials again.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Praying for you, my friend. So glad you got out this week to do some fun things. Praying that the fluid issues will soon resolve and that you will have peaceful sleep at night. Love you! Happy New Year!

Daniel Palomino palomarketing@yahoo.com said...

Hi Barbara, Dan Palomino here, got back Dec 30 from spending time in CA with family- a very joyous time, as it was the first time my whole family had gotten together since my diagnosis and treatment- about 20 of us- was incredibly uplifting. I'm sorry to hear that you were in the hospital, and am encouraged that you feel better.
Mike and I are nearby- if you need anything, just let us know- our home number is 302 793-9377.

Hoping you had the space and health to enjoy bringing in the NY.

Thinking of you-

Dan