Sunday, December 13, 2009

Surgery Update

It is now Sunday evening and I am still in the hospital. The surgery went okay and an x-ray yesterday showed that the tubes are draining the fluid as hoped. The 3 large drains hanging off of me show that as well.

I now have a private room because I need so much equipment! I am managing the pain well with a pump and feel a little better each day. No talk of going home yet. Need to wait until the fluid has drained. So far, I have drained about 4 L of fluid! No wonder I had trouble breathing!

7 comments:

Robyn said...

Wow! So sorry, friend. I heard about the 2nd surgery and have been praying hard. Praying that you will be home soon and get to enjoy a restful Christmas with your family!

Anonymous said...

It is so good to hear an update from you! Praying that you are able to return home ASAP!!!

Susan

Dorel said...

Hi Barb,

The whole church prayed for you as a group yesterday morning. And we are praying for you individually too!! Love you and hope you get home soon. Great news that you are getting rid of the fluid. Keep up the good work! :-) Love, Dorel xo

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that the drains are doing the job...glad you are able to blog again.... praying for you and your family.... hoping you are home as soon as you are able love and prayer Ruby

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is a lot of fluid. Praying and praying and praying. May you feel better and be home soon! Jill

Christie N. said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers so often every day. I'm thankful that these drains are giving you some relief. Praying that you'll get to be home soon to enjoy the holidays.

Anonymous said...

Barb -
We've been away, but we've been praying for you. (We're home now.) Praying that you are doing better each day. Please let us know if you or the guys need anything at all.
Bridget