Thursday, December 3, 2009

Never a dull moment

Well, over the weekend, I started having some trouble getting comfortable at night. Certain positions made me feel like I couldn't catch my breath. Today, when I went to the oncologist for Herceptin, just keeping up with the nurse walking down the hall had me winded. So, I am back on the chemo, had an x-ray and also have an 2-D Echo of my heart scheduled for tomorrow. There is fluid around my heart and that may be the cause of the shortness of breath. I will soon have a CT scan also.

I cried today like I haven't done in a long time. All I wanted was to get through December with no chemo - to feel good and be able to attend my boys' Christmas happenings. I am thankful for the very short time I had off but it is never long enough.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Barbara, ran into your Mom and Dad today at Walgreens (where else? lol)They told me you were having a rough time right now, I just wanted to send you a note to let you know that Dewayne and I are thinking about you. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you, and as always, you are all in our prayers.
Love you guys
Paula and Dewayne

Anonymous said...

Oh, Barbara, I am so sorry to hear that. I was doing a lot of praying for you today and will continue...

Jill

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you have to go through this again. Continued prayers for you.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Barbara, I'm so sorry that you did not get a longer break from chemo. What can I do to help you?
Love,
Vickie

Anonymous said...

JUST LETTING YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS, AS ALWAYS :)
KENDRA WILEY

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this news. I know you were enjoying the break and the regaining of your strength. Praying for you all. Let me know if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

Barbara, my heart is heavy for you. I am sorry it was a difficult day.

Michelle

Christie N. said...

How discouraging. I'm sorry you have to endure more chemo now... Thank you Lord for your constant presence with us ~ encourage and strengthen my sister ~ give her your comfort and your heart. Show me how I can be a good friend to her and help her not to be afraid to ask for help. Help her to feel your love and our love.