Monday, December 7, 2009

Surgery on Wednesday

I met with the thoracic surgeon today. Apparently, there is also fluid around my left lung so that will also be drained. I will be admitted into the hospital on Tuesday evening and will receive the surgery on Wednesday. I will be in the hospital for 4-5 days depending on the fluid drainage. I will have 2 drains while I am in the hospital.

Needless to say, my head is spinning with all of the logistical details. With this new development, the hospital stay is longer than we expected. Please pray that the surgery goes smoothly, no complications, and for a quick and easy recovery. Please pray for my men at home, too.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Barb, I am so sorry to hear about the necessary surgery. But I am hopeful that it will achieve positive results and you won't have the breathing difficulties anymore. I am thinking of you and praying for your family and the wisdom of your physicians.

Anonymous said...

Prayers for you and the men at home. Prayers for doctor's wisdom and that you finally get some relief. I ate the last of your peppermint patties today. They were yummy!!! Much love Barb!

Susan

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all. Prayers for a successful surgery, a speedy recovery, peace for you as you are away from home, and peace at home for the guys.
Bridget

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you and praying for you and your family throughout this procedure.
Kendra Wiley