Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Zap em!

I received the call from Dr. Shah's office that the Cyberknife treatments will begin tomorrow at 9 a.m. I was so brave about this until that call came. Then, forget it. I am nervous and scared. It will only be 3 treatments, but I still have radiation being zapped at my head, near pretty important brain parts. All of the logistical parts of this are arranged - rides and childcare, etc., but my head is not ready. We have a family day planned today and was looking forward to the "escape." Unfortunately, our day also includes a viewing this evening for a friend from my support group and Dave had her caregiver in his group. The obits also listed a young 39 year old mom with 3 children who died from cancer. Ugh - some days, when it rains, it pours. But we are hoping to get out and enjoy this beautiful sunshine and let it wash our troubles away for awhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all! Let us know if we can do anything to help. Enjoy this beautiful day. - Bridget