Saturday, June 23, 2007

I did it!

The first treatment was yesterday afternoon and was very uneventful - which is a good thing. No reactions (which was common with one of my drugs) so they didn't have to put me on Benadryl, which would have meant Dave would have had to carry me out of the place. They did give me a steroid and anti-nausea med to couteract the effects of the chemo. Both are still working, and as Dave put it, "I don't think you need coffee this morning!"

Dave and I took a walk around the block last night (to burn off some of this energy). The boys went to the beach for the night with their Aunt Robin. The walk was slow but some fresh air was just what I needed after staring out the window at the blue skies yesterday for 5 1/2 hours Yes, that is how long it took, from the time I sat in the chair until I left.

More tests today and 2 more next week (and I will not be attending alone). I have to go back Monday for a shot to boost the growth of new white blood cells to help me fight infection.

Thank you so much for all of your cards, e-mails and comments. I may not be able to respond to all of them, but have so enjoyed reading them. Please keep them coming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is great to hear it went so well and you are feeling good! There is much power in all of those prayers going to God for you. When you start to feel that you can't go through this, remember that Jesus is right there holding your hand with His arm around you. You always have someone there for those appointments you may go to alone.

BUT always let us know when you need to have a friend there, you have an abundance here to support you. God will minister to you through the support and love of those around you.

When it starts to seem grueling . . . like sitting in a chair for over 5 hours!! . . . remember this is a battle and you are the warrior with a mighty army and Commander behind you . . . and we intend to conquer! You can do ALL things through Christ which strengthens YOU!!!!

We love you and are keeping you in MUCH prayer!!!

Anonymous said...

We continue to keep the Anderson family in our prayers. God is right there every step of the way for all of you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Andersons-

Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and we're all praying for you here in Slovakia (the team and the church).

God is with you.

Love, Janna