Friday, June 29, 2007

What a day!!

Today has been so exceptional, I don't even know where to start. First of all, the cancer has not spread. There are some lymph nodes that are suspicious, but we knew that was the case and they should be zapped with chemo. The tumor has shrunk "dramatically" (to use the oncologist's words) and the results from the first treatment are "outstanding."

A friend of ours also put up a fence to trap our boys in the backyard. We had put this project on hold for now, but a friend showed up and wanted to help.

I also received 2 incredible baskets of goodies from my friends at church. I was overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness put into the baskets. People really knew what I needed to lift my spirits.

Last week, I was about to do my devotions and thought to my self that I could really use a book geared towards women like me. Guess what arrived in the mail the next day from a friend I hadn't even shared this with? A devotional for breast cancer. This is happened with numerous other things - a new tote bag, a blanket for chemo, and even an ipod. I just thought "That would be nice to have" and it shows up! Dave wants me to wish for a boat . . .

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!!! What an answer to prayer!!
Love,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Praise God that the cancer has not spread and has, in fact, been reduced "dramatically." Just what we needed to hear.

I'm also glad to hear that good things are coming your way.

Keep smiling.

Pat R.

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD FOR ANSWERED PRAYER!!! This is such wonderful news. I love you girl, and it is SO good to read the smile on your face.
Love & Prayers,
Christie

The Hoovers said...

Our God is an awesome God!!!! We'll continue to pray that He will continue to work His wonderful healing in you'

The Hoovers

Anonymous said...

AT VBS this week we had daily Bible points, let me share them:
God is Real!
God is with us!
God is Strong!
God is Awesome!
God is in charge!
These are wonderful reminders to us about God's character. Praise the Lord for his goodness!
Love Ya,
Jen

Dorel said...

Thank you Jesus!! I was praying that the news would be good, but this is just wonderful! We're going to keep right on praying, believe me. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Anonymous said...

Our God IS an awesome God!!! What wonderful news that the cancer has not spread and that the tumor has shrunk. We'll keep praying!!!

Dave, a boat??!! I'll bring you one for the bathtub next week. :)

Vickie

Anonymous said...

It's truly amazing to see God work so close by!! You are an inspiration to us all and the courage you have to share your daily life with us is remarkable. You are in my thoughts and prayers every day and I look forward to hearing more good news :)

Meghan

Anonymous said...

Thank you, God!!! We know He has a purpose in everything He has us go through good & bad. We have to remember that He is to be glorified!

I have a magazine for you called BEYOND. It is a new magazine out for Breast Cancer Survivors. I decided to start reading it since I forgot to give it to you Thursday :-) and it is very inspirational and encouraging. It is amazing how many of the women sharing their story see this as a blessing. We will drop one by this weekend. I may just buy another so I can finish reading!!

You have been incredible in your faith and your strength, keep up your determination. We are so happy to know you are doing so well. There will always be the bumps in the road, and they make the success even sweeter! There are many, many people keeping you in prayer!!

We love you all!
LJ

Dee said...

We are praising God with you! It was wonderful to see you smiling and encouraged last night.

Dave - be careful what you wish for. I've heard that that the two most wonderful days of a boat owner's life are the day he gets the boat and the day he sells it. :-)

Praying grace and peace for you,
Dee

Anonymous said...

Thank God for answered prayer.

Robyn said...

Barb- we are praying hard for you, Dave and the boys. We think of you often, even though I know you haven't heard from us much. We look forward to seeing you next month. We love you bunches!