Monday, July 2, 2007

Still feeling good!

Altogether, I am still feeling good (and can even "forget" about things for a little while.) We had a great weekend. David, Aunt Robin and I sailed on a tall ship yesterday on the Wilmington Waterfront and there were pirates aboard. We had a nice time and a beautiful day. Today, we went to Bellevue State Park and the good news is I am not totally exhausted. I have enjoyed being able to do "normal" things with my family. I had a little bit of a setback today because of an infection but it looks like a course of antibiotics should treat it.

I used to get so frustrated at the waiting that seems to take place constantly. Waiting to get test results, waiting to feel better, waiting to feel worse, waiting to lose my hair. I have decided to stop waiting and start enjoying. Enjoying my hair, enjoying the time with my family, enjoying everything there is to enjoy. A Bible verse came to mind as I enjoy my hair -
Matthew 10:29-31: Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

3 comments:

Dorel said...

We all need to be reminded to enjoy what the Lord gives us - big things and small! Thanks for the reminder. :-) We are continuing in prayer for all of you and thankful for the special family times you're having!! xo

Anonymous said...

What great advice for all of us--to stop waiting for life to be perfect, but enjoy life now, whatever the situation. Kind of goes along with Paul's writing, "to be content in every situation".
Glad you're finding enjoyment again.

Amber said...

thank you for sharing and the constant reminder of enjoying life and what are worth is in the eyes of the Lord. We are praying for you as well as a bunch of our friends here...