Sunday, July 22, 2007

Feeling better


I went to the Philadelphia Zoo yesterday with Dave and the boys and Robin. I realized after the fact that it may have been too much. It started out as a fairly cool day but turned quickly to a warm day. I sat down a lot but just couldn't cool down. We had a good time, but I was worthless the rest of the evening. One more day and I should be able to keep the boys home with me.

When I met with the oncologist last week, he said that the tumor is responding very well to the chemo and I should be "ecstatic." My next question was, "Do I still have to do all of the treatments?" and he told me I did. He also used the word "cure." I am happy that the tumor is getting smaller, but I am still trying to catch up to the fact that all of this is happening.

I am so happy to be feeling better.

4 comments:

Jim Wilson said...

Barb;

It's great that you were able to go to the zoo yesterday even if it took a little out of you. Finding the right balance of rest vs. activity is always difficult but it's always worth giving things like that a try.

We are soooooo happy to hear how well your treatments are doing. Knowing Dr. G. he's not someone who throws terms like ecstatic and cure around lightly. Sounds to us like the doctor … meds … prayer … and most importantly your will to fight, have all combined to help you beat the cancer.

This is FANTASTIC!!

Love,
Jim & Bonnie

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you had some family time. The zoo can take a lot out of you. Lots of walking around. I am so happy that the tumor is responding well.

Love,
Susan

Robyn said...

That's great news! Both about the treatments working and that you were able to get out some today. I received your note in the mail yesterday- you really didn't have to send it. I hope that you can get some well needed rest in the next few days.

Love you,
Robyn

Anonymous said...

Awesome news!
Rebecca