Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Day 3 of chemo

The day is almost over. This is one of those days that drags on forever. My physical being is exhausted but can't rest because of restlessness. My emotional being is on overload. That is harder for me than the physical part. I miss the boys but can't have them home because I can't take care of them. I know maybe another day or so of feeling this way and then I will be on my upswing. Now that I have this new port, I was wondering if God could pump some strength right into it?

5 comments:

Dorel said...

Barb,

You are constantly in our prayers! Yes, God can and will give you everything you need. His timing isn't always ours - that's the hard part. You are doing so great though! Do you know that you encourage us by your faith? Praying that our Father will hold you close in His arms. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Barbara -
Just want to let you know that I continue to follow your updates and continue to lift you up in prayer! Will pray specifically that God pumps in the strength! :)

Jill Lattanzi

Anonymous said...

Here's the benediction I used in last Sunday's service:

"May the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, may he himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." 1 Peter 5:10

I'm praying that right now for you, claiming the promise of Scripture on your behalf!

Peter Wang

Anonymous said...

Praying for strength for you. Pray that you would also get some rest. You are an amazing woman and we love you!

Susan

Jon Stolpe said...

Dave and Barb,

Just wanted to let you know that you are in our prayers as well. It's kind of interesting that we are currently doing a big kids camp at our church this week and the theme is Trusting God. The verse for yesterday was Prov. 3:5 and today's verse is Joshua 1:9. Today, we specifically talked about trusting God through the obstacles we face. We pray this trust in God is the bedrock you can stand on through this challenging time.
May God bless your family.
Jon and Leanne Stolpe