Friday, July 27, 2007


Ever since the news went out about my diagnosis, not a day has gone by without us receiving a card or package in the mail, an encouraging email or phone call. I must confess that I do forget to tell people thank you sometimes for the cards, etc. but we do appreciate every thought and prayer lifted on our behalf.



I think the same gremlins who added stairs to our house have also been hiding things. Dave and I scoured the house yesterday for a prescription that I picked up at the pharmacy and then it mysteriously disappeared. Throughout the course of the evening, we were on the search for other things and some of them turned up today when I wasn't looking for them - that is how this usually turns out, right? This morning I was still stressed about the lost prescription, and at one point made the comment to David that I was losing my mind. Now, David has been saying all day that he has "lost his sense and his brain." Well, he's trying to get it right. On a more serious note, he also told me that he wanted to go live with someone else because he is sad to see me sick. Ouch. He made that comment a few days after chemo and I was still not getting around well. Since I have been feeling better, he seems to be okay. It was still tough to swallow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barb, your strength and perseverance through this are an encouragement to so many. Thank you for putting everything out there for us in sharing your day to day highs and lows. It allows us to rejoice with you in the good news and cry with you in the bad days, even if we're not there with you in person. Kids do say the darnest things, so the saying goes. It is amazing what they pick up on, especially when you try to protect them from things. When they are older, the boys will look back on this time and remember your strenth and faith and forget the other stuff. As hard as it is, focus on that and focus on the fun times that you are able to have.
- Bridget
P.S. Love seeing the pictures, too. Smiles are great!