Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Treatment will begin this Friday

Just wanted to let everyone know the latest. Chemo will begin this Friday. There are a lot more tests to run to ensure that the cancer has not spread, but we are going to begin the chemo right away. Lots have asked who my doctors are. Breast Surgeon is now to be determined, but my oncologist is Dr. Steve Grubbs. He has really made me feel much more at ease with this process and hope for the outcome.



Our household, as you can imagine, is a lot crazy right now with doctors' offices calling, concerned family and friends calling, not to mention the 2 boys running around. We are doing okay and firmly believe that we will remain that way. We also know to expect ups and downs, but are "excited" that chemo is beginning soon. Who would have ever thought that anyone would be excited about chemo? Well, I am. I can not wait for this thing to stop invading my body so much.



We have found verses in the Bible that we have known all of our lives, but take on a new meaning now. God's grace has been demonstrated to us in even the little details these days. Today was a good day and full of good things and we thank Him for everyone of them.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for setting this up. We of course are anxious to hear anything new and this is a great way for us not to bug you with phone calls.

I am amazed by your attitude so far. We pray daily with heavy hearts for you and Dave and kids. What a burden to bear!

May God show you ever increasing grace to see this through!

Anonymous said...

I am proud of your optimism in such a difficult time! Also, for your willingness to share. Keep it up!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

I too am proud of you both, the way you are pushing forward not willing to let this get you down. God will always provide the support and care that you need. Just realize it may be asking a friend to do something for Him to give it to you.

2 Cor 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Psa 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

Claim His strength as you own!
LJH

Anonymous said...

God Bless you! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Hey Barb and Dave,
Just wanted to let you both know that you are on my thoughts constantly. I am so thankful for the faith you have and that we have an almighty God to turn to in our time of need. I pray that God will continue to grant you strength and courage during this time.
Love,
Bud

Anonymous said...

Dear Barb and family,

Yall are constantly in our prayers. thanks for blessing us by sharing.

David and Bess Leigh Booze and family

Anonymous said...

I think setting this up was a great idea, speaking as one who didn't want to bug you by calling, assuming that your phone was ringing off the hook already.

I'm agreeing with everyone that your attitude is a great witness to God's grace working in your life. *hugs*

Please know that we are praying for you - all of us! Before bed we usually ask the boys what they want to thank God for and what they want to ask God to do. Then we pray. Sometimes Justin prays outloud, but usually it's just us grown-ups. Nathan always shares ideas of praises or requests, but I have never heard him actually pray out loud. Last night when we were talking about prayer requests, I said that we need to pray for you and explained why, then I started to pray and Nathan shouted, "Wait Mommy, I want to pray for her. Dear God, please heal Mrs. Anderson." So you're responsible for a breakthrough. *grin*

Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Love,

Gail

Anonymous said...

Barb and Dave,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you daily. I am sending you "Wonder Twin" power.

But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head. Psalm 3:3

Steph

The Hoovers said...

Hi Barb and Dave

Thank you so much for providing a way for us to follow your progress and at the same time let you know that you are in our prayers and thoughts. We also requested our children in CA,MO,NJ place you on their prayer chains.

Please know we are ready, willing and able to help you all in any capacity, anytime. It would be our pleasure.

Love
The Hoovers