Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Moments I don't want to forget.

I had been writing in a journal when we first found out the news of the cancer. It has now become harder to concentrate long enough to write. (Typing is easier!) So, I just started making lists of things I don't want to forget. It is amazing at the end of the day how long that list becomes. It is difficult for me to remember things from one day to the next but this list makes me feel like I won't forget the memorable moments of each day.

I had a good day with the boys today. I took David to his last gymnastics class for the summer and then we went to the pool. I sported a new hatless look at the pool and only noticed one person staring at me! It is just too hot to put a hat on my head. David was a little concerned that I wasn't wearing a hat. He asked me, "What if someone is sad to see that you are sick?" I told him that they could talk to me about it. He said, "What if they think you look funny?" I told him, "What if they do? It doesn't matter."

3 comments:

laura said...

Go ahead without th ehat, it just shows how strong you are. Just don't forget the suntan lotion, who wants sunburn on top of everything else.

Anonymous said...

You are SUPER MOM! I know going to the pool is no small task! Getting lotion on everyone and all of your stuff together, etc. I'm glad you are making the most of your good days. You are a true inspiration!! Cheryl

Unknown said...

I was just thinking of you today, thanks for posting the pictures of your family. As soon as I saw your face it took me back fifteen years to a lunch table in the cafeteria! You'll never change, beautiful as ever!

I just wanted to drop you a line, you've got so many people rooting for you! My prayers never cease!

Love,
Laura (the high school one!)