Monday, August 27, 2007

(Not) Ready for what is next

Have you ever had to do something you REALLY didn't want to do? One of those things where you have to, no choice about it, but you almost had to force your feet to take the steps to get to it. Welcome to chemo! I am so reluctant to do this now because I know what is on the end of things. I had my 4th treatment today and was much more emotional prior to the chemo day than I have been in the past. It started yesterday and just continued until they hooked me up today. I was sitting in the chair waiting for my meds and an emotional (tidal) wave flooded me. Dave went to get some water and asked me if I needed anything. My response was, "Yes, take me home." I was sitting next to a woman who told me that she thinks that it is Jesus' blood flowing through her veins during chemo and His blood will fight that cancer.

My parents are in town this week and I am looking forward to their company and help. It will relieve Dave of a lot of the responsibility. Not to mention, both grandparents and grandchildren will be very happy.

More tests are being scheduled to take a look at everything before surgery. My oncologist said to me that I only have 6 weeks from today before my last chemo. 6 weeks doesn't seem too long to me today. Talk to me tomorrow and we'll see how long that seems.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear this was so hard to do this time, but am thankful to hear it did happen & things didn't have to be postponed as you thought they might. 4 treatments down. You're doing great. This race is hard and we're here to pray you through it, encourage you all the way, and carry you across the finish line even when you think you can't take one more step. You have shown yourself to be incredibly strong in a time of great weakness, and I know the Lord is your unending supply and loving Abba.
Love you,
Christie

(2 Cor. 12:8-10)"Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses... For when I am weak, then I am strong."