Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Radiation update

I unexpectedly got the day off from radiation on Monday. The building where I receive treatment had to be closed down because a sprinkler pipe burst. Unfortunately, I will still need to make up the treatment. But, it was nice to take a longer nap than usual. Yesterday, was the worst day I have had since I began radiation. It was one of those days where if it could go wrong, it did. On top of that, I was exhausted and very nausoues. My medication had run out the day before and I needed a new prescription. I got the new prescription yesterday and when my father-in-law went to fill it for me, it was dated for today! Well, I have been to Target today and took the pill right at the pharmacy counter and my belly has seriously calmed down (and so have I).

A friend who has been battling ovarian cancer and is now cancer-free is celebrating life this Easter weekend. She began her chemo treatments just as I was finishing them and she is an incredible survivor. At her celebration, she will have information about a run/walk to Break the Silence on Ovarian Cancer on May 4th. Her celebration reminds me that there is a time coming where I will be done with treatments and can also celebrate. There is a time when David will not have to rely on other people to dye Easter eggs with him because mommy is too tired. He came into my room last night, crawled in bed with me, and said, "I am sorry you have cancer, Mom." Dawson just says, "Get up!" I am considered also to be cancer-free but continuing treatment. I can see the light at the end of this tunnel though. Hopefully, by the end of May, I will be done everything. MAY!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barbara,
I am sorry that the rest of Tuesday was so difficult for you. How frustrating that one wrong date had such a major effect. Hoping this afternoon goes better for you.

Michelle

Amber said...

continuing to pray for you...
love
Amber

Anonymous said...

We love you and you are definitely in our prayers as well as those near to us. God will give you the strength you need.
Stay Strong!
Love,
L J & Chris