Friday, March 7, 2008

Radiation update

Someone asked me today how radiation was going. I told them my theory that the radiation machine is not actually emitting rays to kill the cancer, but instead is sucking the life out of me. I have been so tired lately. He reminded me of the movie, "The Princess Bride" and the Pit of Despair which contained the torture machine. Although the technology has come a long way, I still feel like Wesley after his encounter with the Machine.

I have now completed the 2nd week and have 3 more weeks to go. My skin is starting to look like I was out in the sun too long. I am also battling some nausea that can be controlled mostly by meds. But, I am generally pooped. I am able to keep going for awhile and then crash. I have seemed to lose that skip in my step.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You WILL get that skip back in your step....in fact, it will be a run...chasing after those boys on a nice Spring day! Prayers go out to you, Dave, David and Dawson. Judy Mulhern

Dorel said...

Barb,

Praying that the Lord will give you strength for each day and in all ways!! And for your guys too!
xo

Anonymous said...

Good post.