Thursday, March 27, 2008

This is what I was afraid of!

My radiation doctor told me today that they reviewed the calculations again and it seems I will need to return for 3 additional treatments to a targeted area. When I heard the nurses say the doctor wanted to speak with me after my treatment, my first thought was that something showed up in a film that was not good. The nurses assured me this was not the case. I am planning on having treatment on Monday, taking Tuesday off, and finishing up the rest of next week.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGGHHHH! I am so sorry. Hang in there. You are so close. Better to tack it on now... And I am thankful they are being so thorough... but still...sigh...
May the Lord continue to grant you strength, Jill

Jim Wilson said...

I know it sux to have to do more treatments and there's really nothing any of us can say that'll change that.
Just try to remember that even with 3 more treatments, next week still ends your need for radiation treatments. With that done, you have only the herceptin treatments remaining.
You're knocking 'em down one-by-one - although I know it seems so slow sometimes, you're steadily leaving this disease and the associated pain and stress in dust. With each passing day these painful objects in your review mirror get a little smaller.

Hang in there,
Love Jim & Bonnie

Anonymous said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! This is just a little detour. Keeping you in prayer.

Vickie

Christie N. said...

So sorry to hear the finish line has moved a few days, but am glad to hear it's still in sight. Call me with whatever you need. You're wrapped in love and prayers!

Robyn said...

Sorry to hear that you have to go back more than you thought. Will continue to keep you in our prayers. Glad that the light can still be seen at the end of the tunnel! I know it must still seem long. You are in our prayers!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amber said...

Our prayers and thoughts are with you...sorry to hear it is extended but there is a light at the end of the tunnel