Thursday, October 16, 2008

"Are you ready?"

That has been the question of the day. I am crazy running around trying to pack my boys' things, my things, our camping gear, etc. Also, David is sick and stayed home from school today. This mama has enough trouble leaving her babies, let alone when one of them is sick! But, I was reminded today of why we are walking - a friend called and left me a message today on her way to her last radiation treatment and I did a little cheer for her. David asked me why we are walking and I told him so maybe when he is an adult, there will be a world without breast cancer, or any cancer at all. I explained to him how research costs money, etc. But, I look at it in terms of this - the drug I receive every week has only been available for a few years. 5 years ago, there may not have been something for me and the research paid off.

On a personal note, I ask for your prayers. Next week, I have a CT scan to see how the chemo is working. We don't know what that scan will show. We expect good news, but are prepared (as much as we can be) for other news.

12 hours from now, we will be on our way to Willow Grove and will begin walking by 7 a.m. When you wake up tomorrow, please think of us taking our first steps on this incredible journey. Dave asked me if there may be a few tears shed this weekend, and I said, "maybe a little." Ugh, I'm crying now and I haven't even started yet!

P.S. Pop will be filling in for me on the blog while we're gone and will give an update.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow, Barb! I can't believe that it is already here! Know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers especially this weekend. And in advance, I'm really proud of you! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you both this weekend! I hope that this walk is an incredible experience!

Anonymous said...

It was so good to be able to cheer you on today! Hopefully you find encouragement throughout the next two days, too. You are in our prayers.
Bridget Lamancusa