Monday, October 13, 2008

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk


Yesterday, the team, "Friends in Faith" walked in Making Strides in Wilmington. Over 5,000 walkers participated and over $400,000 was raised! I found it humorous that our famliy finished last from our team, considering we are doing the 3-day in just a few days. We had stroller issues (at one point, everything fell off the stroller), the boys had needs that required us to stop, and we were pushing 80 pounds of kids. The boys were very excited as we all walked across the finish line. I think it will prepare them for the closing ceremony next weekend, following our walk.


Thank you to everyone who walked yesterday and also those who supported our team. I ran into my high school volleyball coach, who also saw me last year. Last year, I had just finished chemo before the walk, so both years, I have had little to no hair. She hopes to see me next year with a full head of hair (and so do I)! I took a nice, long nap yesterday and am now ready for this weekend (almost - still packing).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there it looks as if there was a good turnout. Keep walking, and best of luck with the three day.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there, too. Great photo of you guys. Glad it went well!