Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Weekly checkup

I saw my doctor today and he was very encouraging. I have a CT scan scheduled in 3 weeks and he told me he expects good news based on my progress. He also mentioned the 3-day and could tell I was excited about it. He has full confidence in me that I will be able to walk the 60 miles. He said I am in good shape and shouldn't have any problems (even though I will get chemo the week before). The running joke in our house is that I will probably outwalk Dave and the doctor said I would certainly outwalk him. Those of you who know my oncologist can chuckle - he openly admits he is not one to get on his patients' cases about being overweight.

I have a link on the side of the page called the "Supporter's Guide." It gives some information about the details of the walk. Thank you again to everyone who has supported this cause - so many people have been involved in different ways and we couldn't do this without your help and support.

No comments: