Thursday, November 13, 2008

A day off

A lot of people asked me how I spent my day off from chemo - I went to the eye doctor this morning, browsed through some stores for Christmas ideas, and bought some Christmas presents. But, the highlight of my day was this - we bought our family a game system as a collective Christmas present, but the boys don't know about it. We bought it back in September and have been holding onto it, but we haven't "tested" it out yet. Since both boys were out of the house today, I made the personal sacrifice to play video games for about an hour just to be certain that the system worked properly. I am happy to say that it works well, but it may require further "testing" tomorrow.

When the boys came home from school, it was pouring outside. So, we spent almost 2 hours working on crafts and coloring and just enjoying some time together. But, what is really amazing to me is that they never asked to watch TV. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon, as opposed to how I usually spend Thursday afternoons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great day!
--Kendra Wiley