Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Interesting day

We have had some more good news recently - my younger brother is now engaged and a dear friend had her second baby boy on Monday. To make my week even better, I don't have to go for chemo this week!!

So, I volunteered at a local radio station to help with their Sharathon. The Reach FM is a Christian station that totally runs on the donations of its listeners. Every 6 months, they do this to raise the funds to operate for the next 6 months. I listen to the station all the time and I wanted to help out with their Sharathon. I couldn't believe how small their offices were and how they really only run on the necessities. I met some wonderful people in the few hours I was there and will listen to that station very differently. I really enjoyed doing something different than the norm.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Sounds like you are having a great week. I have often wondered what the radio stations I listen to look like; that's neat that you went and volunteered your time there!