Saturday, April 4, 2009

And it's gone.

We were having a movie and brownie ice cream sundae night at our house last night. We watched "Bedtime Stories" (much better for the boys than I thought it was going to be), had an itch on my head, and next a big clump. So, I had an extra bowl of ice cream in honor of it :) Once all were in bed, I had a good cry, sat in the shower, got comfortable and went to work. (We have a shower chair that I take in with me sometimes for the more wobbly moments). Most came out from the roots and then Dave helped me shave the leftover patches. The previous hair losses seemed to last for a week and I was not having that this time. I just wanted it done and wanted to move on. Before we would have been finding little hairs everywhere forever.

So, I have my new wig and some new hats and will go buy some accessories today. We are laughing because we wanted to take the boys to Linvilla Orchards later today for a bunny hayride and it happens to be a CRAZY WINDY day. I will NOT be wearing the new wig. Seeing it fly across an orchard and chasing it down is not how I want to spend my time. I have some hats with adjustable bands and it will be on tight!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you have to go through this again! My kids were supposed to go to Linvilla too. They were going to fish this morning and do the other stuff as well, but the wind was too crazy!!!

Susan

Lou Nowasielski said...

Hi Barb/Dave, and Rachel sent me the news, and as you know, All are in the Loving arms of Christ.

Will be praying.

Lou Nowasielski

laura said...

I love that you see the humor in the bad, I can just picture you running across the orchard trying to catch your wig, keep smiling.

Robyn said...

So sorry, Barb! Am praying that this will be the last time you have to do this, and that soon you will have a full head of hair again! Love to you!