Monday, April 27, 2009

Steroids - BE GONE

On Friday, I held up my last pill and said, "Please, I don't want to ever have to take this again." The first day without it presented its challenges, but compared to the symptoms I could have experienced, the day was tolerable. Yesterday, was a little easier. I even went to a bridal luncheon for 2 hours. I napped both before and after and all that was really required of me was to sit, eat and enjoy. And I did. I think part of what made yesterday a better day was just getting out and doing something fun.

Today, was a little easier too and I know each day will start to feel that way. I meet with my doctor this Thursday and then the MRI will be scheduled for the next week or so. I have had no symptoms for weeks now. My memory is certainly not what it was but that is why I have lots of lists around the house! I also did a field test at my ophthalmologist's office last week to see how my glaucoma was doing since I had been on the steroids and he called today and said there were no signs of it. The steroids could have put additional pressure on my eye and actually made my glaucoma worse. But they didn't and that was great news to us!!

We also found out today that Dave's class for the summer can be taken in New Castle instead of Dover. We are just getting lots of good news today and we sure you can use it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear of the good news. Praying that the good news continues for you and that you feel better each day. Bridget

Anonymous said...

I am glad that everything is going well! I am so happy for Dave as well. That commute to Dover is no fun!!!

Susan

dorel said...

Hooray for good news!! We continue to keep you and the guys in our prayers!! xo