Thursday, November 19, 2009

I continue to slowly get more energy. It was certainly nice to not have chemo today. Praying it stays that way for a LONG time.

Random story - David has been coughing his head off for the past week and we were trying everything to get rid of it - orapred, nebulizer, inhaler, elevated pillows, humidifier - everything! He was still coughing a lot at night and it didn't seem to be getting better. So, we had an appointment at the pedicatrician yesterday afternoon (3rd time in 2 weeks) and I had to get him from school early. His class was lining to go to one of his specials when I arrived. After we left, I asked him what special were they going to.
David - "Music class"
Mom - "Oh, I'm sorry you missed music class."
David - "It's okay. I don't really like it."
Mom - "Really? You like singing and dancing at home and at our church's contemporary service."
David - "Mom, we rock out at home and we don't sing that kind of stuff in music class."

I guess I will have to introduce him to more classical instead of classics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious and I can totally hear David saying that. Fun times. I love how kids just tell it like it is. I am glad that you are beginning to get some energy back!

Susan

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Glad to hear you are getting your energy back. Hope David is feeling better soon!

Bridget