Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I think it's over (for now)

I had a difficult decision to make this week. The last two chemo treatments have really worn me out and I told my doctor this last week. He raised the question, "Should I not have the last 3-week cycle of chemo?" I have received about 15 treatments as of today and would 3 more treatments make that much difference? I know it would just wear me out more but how would it affect the cancer. I had to weigh lots of factors and have an appointment scheduled in 3 weeks for Herceptin. Unless I have some miraculous recovery over the next 3 weeks, I will not receive my chemo drug and will continue on the Herceptin. I will also have a new baseline CT scan done.

I attended Toni's funeral service on Monday morning and then went to the support group last night. We laughed and we cried as we talked about Toni and the memories we each have. One of the members brought flowers and placed them in her chair. She even joined us in our group hug at the end of the meeting. It makes me sad to think of her family's loss but I am also happy she is no longer in so much pain.

2 comments:

Christie N. said...

I'm praying for your comfort, renewed strength, and God's wisdom in all of your tough decision making. Hugs!

Robyn said...

So sorry about your friend. I'm praying for you!